The CU Children's Center is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) for the period of November 1, 2015, through November 1, 2020.
What is NAEYC?*
- NAEYC accreditation of programs for young children represents the mark of quality in early childhood education
- It began in 1985 with the goal of providing an accrediting system that would raise the level of early childhood program
- Over 7,000 programs are NAEYC accredited
*taken from the NAEYC website
Why Did the CU Children's Center Want to be Accredited?
- Build a stronger team of educators and strengthen the partnership with families
- Continue to improve the educational environment for the children of CU students, faculty, staff, and alumni